Bathroom and kitchen remodels are among the most popular home renovations. Many homeowners agree that converting your bathtub into a walk-in shower seems to be one of the biggest renovation trends lately. Whether you plan to convert your tub on your own, or hire a professional, there are a few things to consider prior to starting your renovation. As with all home improvements or renovations, there are pros and cons to converting your tub, and while the specifics can vary pending on each circumstance, these seem to be the most popular pros and cons surrounding the popular walk-in shower bathroom reno.
- Mobility: This is easily the biggest pro among many homeowners as well as renters as a stand-up shower allows for much easier mobility, whether for leisure or physical needs. Additionally, bench seating, rails, etc. can be easily installed while still looking visually appealing.
- Modern: Many buyers are searching for homes that have updated and modernized bathrooms, and luckily, a walk-in shower fits that mold perfectly. By converting your tub, you’ll also be modernizing your home and making it more appealing to buyer’s should you wish to sell later down the line.
- Focal Point: From elegantly tiled walls, rustic wood grain tiles, mosaics, and so much more, the design concepts used in walk-in showers are endless and can completely transform your bathroom into an oasis and focal point within your home.
- Expenses: To do the bathroom conversion the right way, expenses are definitely high. While for some the cost is worth it, you should be sure to budget accordingly and be prepared to spend a pretty penny on your bathroom renovation.
- Tubs: While the walk-in showers are indeed the in bathroom trend, if you only have one bathtub within your home you may want to think twice before starting the conversion. Homes without any bathtubs drop in value and look less appealing to buyers, so be sure that you have at least one tub that will remain, or you may risk losing equity/looking less appealing to buyers should you choose to sell.
As with all home renovations and bathroom remodels, it is always important to have a full executed plan prior to beginning your work, and whether you’re a professional who will be taking on the task solo, or you’re hiring a team of renovation professionals, planning your walk-in shower conversion from start to finish is key.
If you are planning a bathroom renovation, have questions regarding upgrades and materials, or would like to speak with one our design and renovation experts, please feel free to contact our office at any time.
More Information on Bathroom Remodels:
- How long does a remodel take?
- 4 Tile Trends for 2021
- What are the Steps to Remodeling?
- Difference between a renovation and a remodel
- Top Bathroom Trends for 2021
- How Much Does Adding a New Bathroom Cost?
- Top Questions for Your Remodeling Contractor
- 5 Ways to Cut Costs when Remodeling
- Is Japandi the new Design Style?
- How to Create a Rustic Look without Breaking the Bank